Hard to believe it’s been a year since I posted. I really hoped I would be using this often. Nonetheless, here we are on the first day of 2016! A new year starting with many of the same hopes and several more new hopes. If you would like to read my Welcome, 2015 post to see where we’ve come from, go ahead and take a minute.
Here are my reflections over 2015.
- I made 5 As, 2 Bs, and 2 Cs in my LAST year of undergraduate schooling. Have you seen the meme about why there are no science major valedictorians? Yah, the answer is obvious.
- Wow. I did not leave the state of Texas, or even the DFW area! Time for a vacay, for real.
- I (read Jessica) colored my hair dark brown with purple underneath!
- 5 months later, I (read Jessica) cut 12 in. of hair off before student teaching in hopes that I would look older and not be asked if I was 12 anymore. David rarely lays on it or hurts it anymore, so he loves it!
- We moved back to “Fort Worth” (Bedford). Halfway back to my parents’ house and 5 blocks from my in-loves. (I know what you are thinking, but everything has been fine so far! Grace.)
- I left my Blue babies that I had taught since they were Yellow babies (for 3 years) and we left Watermark when we moved to Bedford.
- I finally completed the Re:Generation program and continued learning how to apply the steps to every day.
- Together we celebrated 3 years being married!
- We each celebrated being alive 24 years!
- I passed my two teaching certification tests and started (completed too!) my apprentice teaching semester at Colleyville Heritage HS.
- I took a long-term sub job teaching Forensics and alleged Pre-AP Biology through Spring Break. I’m excited! Maybe teaching stories will make on this blog
- We were hurt by others, hurt each other, struggled through learning each other more, and prayed many many hours…just like last year and the year before.
In 2016 I hope for:
- Less tears, fewer hurts, less stress, and fewer struggles.
- More fun, laughs, snuggles, love, and learning.
- A permanent job at CHHS, or wherever the Lord wants me for the near future.
- More date nights
- A cruise? Some kind of vacation!
- Better balance
- Better physical health
- Celebrating 4 years married
- More gentleness/mercy/patience/understanding while still using my voice assertively when needed. Yah, back to that balance I’ve been searching for for years. Maybe this is the year…
- Continue to find my voice, practice vulnerability, learn to trust the Lord’s view of me as most important, and rely on Him in everything.
I know the Lord will bring Lovey and I through whatever is in store this year, and He will do the same for you. I wish you many blessings for 2016! 🙂